Project Manager - Enterprise Sales Initiatives
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. In support of Apple’s global Enterprise and Business Strategy, we are looking for a Project Manager who will work cross-functionally to lead critical sales initiatives. Forming a key part of the Enterprise Programs team, these initiatives will have a significant impact on how Apple’s customers, partners, and teams adopt Apple’s products, embrace a dynamic Enterprise strategy, collaborate with partners, and expand the ecosystem to transform how people work. We strive to deliver exceptional results, where your role provides a center of excellence for program and project management on a global scale. The Project Manager - Enterprise Sales Initiatives will be a resourceful self-starter and natural diplomat, who manages an entire program and project from concept to completion. With a demonstrable ability to listen, form insight, drive strategic vision and execute across geographic and organizational boundaries, you will influence colleagues and business partners at all levels to deliver extraordinary initiatives. You will have a passion for Apple’s products and culture, and be highly proficient and experienced in leading collaborative projects to deliver value and tangible results. A passion for surpassing expectations, and delivering a surprising and delightful result to all partners will be key in this role, as will the ability to build a strong, trusted network within the Sales organization and cross-functionally. You will possess a high degree of organizational maturity, a talent for working collectively in a matrix-responsibility environment, and excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- You understand there are many moving parts in an organisation. Navigating the interdependencies within Apple is needed for success. Understanding how business financials work, and strategies for sustaining profitable growth, are key to staying ahead of the competition. You analyse the market and think beyond the short-term.
- Apple doesn’t cut corners, in products or in business. You bring the highest level of integrity, honesty, and accountability in all that you do, every day. You are a trusted advisor who does what you say you’ll do – and always does what’s best for Apple.
- Customer and partner needs can often be unique – but, you’re quick on your feet and connect and influence the right people both inside and outside of Apple. You’re a go to person with leadership, and are trusted and comfortable in tough situations. You can settle disputes, negotiations and own the hard calls with minimal noise. You step up to conflicts and see them as opportunities to shine.
- You believe that communication is key to Apple’s success. You’re a dreamer and someone who actively talks and listens through endless possibilities – with customers and teammates alike. To ensure the most innovative ideas become a reality, you recognize perspectives, patiently listen to every detail and commit to what is right, in order to move us forward.
- You know yourself – you have strengths, weaknesses and opportunities - but you also know the people around you and are open to their feedback. You relate well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization. When faced with a challenging opportunity, you know who to connect with and when. People know you’re a real teammate and you know what it takes to win.
- Apple and third party solutions solve complex business problems in simple and innovative ways. You create competitive and breakthrough strategies that truly shape the future. You do this by asking why and why not, both stripping out what is not essential and identifying what is. By doing so, you are able to see what’s ahead and identify trends that will be critical for growth.
- You strive for excellence in everything you do. Due to changing priorities, urgent customer needs, or a final push to meet a quarterly forecast, you face the daily challenge of where to focus your time and energy. You have a don’t give up attitude, and finish, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks. You seize every opportunity and empower others to reach their goals along the way.
- You adapt to change and find the right path without necessarily having all of the pieces to the puzzle. At Apple, things aren’t always clear but you shift gears and thrive when asked to explore new ground, rather than waiting on others.
Strategy design and development: Lead the development of strategic initiatives that drive measurable outcomes and results supporting Enterprise and Business objectives, and Apple’s values. Builds upon the foundation of ‘what makes Apple, Apple’ to effect change while maintaining outstanding relationships and meeting growth objectives. Program and project management: Plan, develop, lead and implement projects to meet the needs of multiple partners. Lead project-related communications; raise key issues and present options for resolution to cross-functional teams. Review project metrics for consistency and provide consolidated information to management and key partners. Project leadership: Utilize existing tools to reflect the latest information or developments into project management. Consolidate information from teams and forecast effort in order to identify incremental resource requirements. Apple Compliance: Ensure all elements of content meet the highest standards of Apple guidelines and standards. Supports the global activities and initiatives of the Enterprise Sales team as required. This is a non-commissioned, full-time position.
Education & Experience
- 4-year degree education or relevant work experience as below - Minimum 7 years program and project leadership experience, working with global teams to deliver complex projects in sales strategy, sales & operations planning, and salesforce enablement - You are passionate about crafting structure and processes that support development of amazing work in a results-focused environment - You have excellent project management skills leading strategic, global change initiatives - You have a deep understanding of organizational change management principles with success influencing others and effecting change at scale