K12 Education Market Segment Executive
Reston, Virginia, United States
Sales and Business Development
The Market Segment Executive (MSE) focuses on business development for specific market and vertical segments to drive exponential growth in K12 Education. The Market Segment Executive (MSE) will specialize in large K12 school districts in the US. They will work closely with all key stakeholders within K12 education to help define their strategy. One of their key initiatives is to create and maintain a market analysis, account penetration, engagement model, and demand generation strategy for assigned large accounts. Their objective is to drive demand for Apple solutions by creating targeted messaging, campaigns, events and programs that resonate with large school districts. They will be focused on leveraging Apple technology, digital content, apps, platforms and tools that enable the academic mission. The MSE will work closely with AEs, iAEs and FISO sales teams on customer engagements as appropriate, as well as create demand across all customers within their segment. They will participate in field events, workshops, customer meetings, and briefings as needed.
- Success in the role demands the combination of numerous sales and business development skills, including: leadership, consultative selling, deep segment knowledge and sales experience, cross-functional collaboration, and a successful track record in leveraging field marketing assets, tools, and activities to create pipeline.
- The MSE is expected to exhibit a positive attitude in both external and internal interactions. They are expected to create and maintain a positive, growth-oriented culture where consistent results are paramount and new business wins are enthusiastically recognized. They will also exhibit strong commitment to customer satisfaction, acceptance, and loyalty.
- The job requires regular national travel.
The below areas are the primary focus for the MSE role: Strategic Planning and Execution: Successful sales growth requires effective, strategic sales planning and execution.The MSE is expected to work with the Area Directors, Development Executives, System Engineers, Field Marketing and Regional Managers to create a strategic plan for large school districts that drives demand in named accounts. The MSE is responsible for communicating Apple Education’s messaging, solutions, ecosystem partners and unique value proposition. They must be able to clearly and compellingly articulate Apple Education's strengths and differentiators in K12 education to leadership within an institution, in close coordination with the sales team. The MSE will also provide guidance on the creation of assets and tools for the field. The MSE is responsible for assisting the sales teams with building customer relationships in their segment. The MSE will engage as an overlay resource on customer opportunities as required. The MSE will work closely with Field Marketing to drive demand for Apple solutions through a series of campaigns, events and workshops. The MSE will also engage the extended team as appropriate — EDU marketing, sales support, field services, sales and product training, Sales Operations, and Finance. The MSE is expected to establish a regular communication cadence with the following key internal stakeholders: Area Directors, Regional Managers, Inside Regional Managers, Account Executives, Inside Account Executives, System Engineers and Development Executives. They will also work, closely with Field Marketing and Programs to ensure we are driving a cross-functional sales effort. The MSE is responsible for managing all the moving parts. PLEASE NOTE: This role can work from any major US city.
Education & Experience
BA/BS or higher degree required
- 10+ years in a direct sales position with a demonstrable track record of successful quota attainment.
- Experience in education or enterprise sales preferred
- PLEASE NOTE: This role can work from any major US city.