Corporate Communications Director - Europe
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Apple is one of the world’s most successful businesses. We are primarily a consumer electronics business producing hardware (iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, AirPods, Apple TV), software (iOS, MacOS, Safari) and services (Apple Music, App Store, iCloud, News+ and Apple TV+). Over 1.4 billion of our devices are currently in use across the world, whilst Apple Music has over 60 million subscribers globally. We care about what we do, and believe Apple is a force for good. Apple is a company full of disruptive ideas and innovative people, who are also committed to upholding the highest moral, legal and ethical standards in everything we do. We believe technology can serve humankind's deepest values and highest aspirations. Protecting individuals’ privacy, promoting diversity and inclusivity, providing products that educate, and are accessible to all needs, are fundamentals within our business. Role Summary: Apple is looking for a Head of European Corporate Communications to be based out of London to lead our corporate communications efforts across Europe. The ideal candidate is a highly experienced PR executive with a stellar track record and a leader in their field. The role will own media relations and communications for the following: Government Affairs, the Environment, Supplier Responsibility, Community Relations, Legal and Issues Management. This position requires a strategic and functional team leader, who can further develop and strengthen Apple’s corporate communications strategy across Europe.
- Extensive corporate communications leadership experience across Europe.
- Ideally your experience will be from highly reputable PR agencies and/or in-house corporate PR team.
- Used to working with internal executive leadership teams.
- Current and relevant executive level media relations across Europe.
- Excellent people leadership skills, used to nurturing and developing talent.
- Highly skilled clear communicator, both written and oral to different audiences; internal, external, cross-functional and with Cupertino
- Strategic thinker; able to develop and lead strategy for function.
- Able to influence a multitude of stakeholders with a strong level of gravitas and confidence.
- Happy to work in a highly ambitious and change driven culture.
- Ideally experienced in supply chain and legal affairs issues.
- Extensive experience of crisis management.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a high level of team orientation. Strong team player, able to demonstrate the ability to flex between owning and leading and being “hands-on” when needed.
- Fluency in English and ideally a 2nd European language preferred.
Work closely with the worldwide Corporate Communications team in Cupertino and key partners in Europe to set the communications agenda and narrative for Europe. You will cultivate and maintain Apple’s business and values media coverage across the region. Act as a key information source for all media contacts requesting data, insights, and feedback. You will lead a small but experienced team. Identify and establish relationships with media to an executive level. Track, monitor and report on the key focus areas, raising potential public issues and opportunities that may impact the organisation. Work well under demanding timelines and be able to finish projects to the highest level. Play our part in making the world a better place than when we found it. Identify and generate local insights and opportunities that can have regional and global impact.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree/university education preferred as well as professional related qualifications.
- Preference is for candidates who have worked for a large multinational organisation that is complex to navigate.
- You will have worked or been exposure to board level management.
- You will be a forward-thinking and successful manager of people, passionate about leadership.
- Consistent track record of driving results.
- Travel within Europe as and when needed to the U.S. to Apple HQ.
- The role reports to the Senior Director, Marketing, Europe.