Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s Applications Group is seeking a Product Designer to work on Apple’s iWork productivity applications. The ideal designer will have a passion for taking on complex problems and designing elegant, simple solutions that surprise and delight users. We’ll provide you with unparalleled levels of opportunity and resources, with the goal of creating experiences that influence the industry, as well as people’s lives. By constantly focusing on the consumer, you’ll create products that are not only amazing to look at, but also intuitive and useful to billions of people worldwide. Join this team if you’re committed to making each human interaction — visual, audial, and haptic — amazing for our customers.
- 4+ years of experience with a focus on product design and UI for application with complex interactions.
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Complete mastery of MacOS and iOS, including Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines
- A great eye for detail, demonstrate creative and innovative problem solving and possess some leadership abilities.
- Ability to clearly communicate concepts and designs through sketches, wireframes, high fidelity comps, and prototypes.
- Experience designing UI products from conception to completion, including the development process.
- Sketch, Keynote, Photoshop, or other design tools
- InVision, Sketch, Figma, or other animation/prototyping tools
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedule
From brainstorming through implementation, the Product Designer will work with members of the Applications design team, as well as our engineering, marketing, and QA groups. You have the ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex matters into clean, understandable solutions. He or she is an effective diplomat with strong communication and organizational skills who is willing to prove him/herself within a company of talented individuals. The Product Designer is a key player in resolving future design direction of Apple’s iWork apps. We are looking for a visionary designer who is ready to and capable of taking software design to the next level.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Media Arts, or similar