Image Sensor Interface Engineer - Camera Hardware
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in developing excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for the design, development, and innovation of camera hardware for all related Apple products. Our target is to deliver superior camera hardware to enable best-in-class camera user experience. The Camera Sensor team develops image sensor and other silicon solutions and technologies for Apple’s products, including the iPhone, iPad, MacBooks, and more. The key goal of the team is to enable the world’s best camera experience for our customers. New challenges arise every day that require the sharp problem-solving skills of talented and smart individuals. Defining and designing the interface for camera subsystem is key to delivering the best camera experience to Apple customers. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that develops engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- Experience with designing high speed Tx, Rx PHY and PLL with involvement from feasibility to product integration
- Good understanding of different PHY, IOs and PLL/DLL architectures including for De/Pre-emphasis, CDR, CTLE/DFE design
- Hands-on experience dealing with sources of jitter, power consumption and design tradeoffs for high speed, low power, low swing design
- In-depth understanding of device matching, device noise sources (1/f, thermal), extrinsic noise sources (supply jitter) and their impact on PHY and PLL circuits
- Hands-on experience with different industry standards (PCIe Gen4, DP 2.0, Thunderbolt 3, MIPI D-PHY, C-PHY)
- Experience with conducting experiments during silicon debug, using characterization tools (Oscilloscopes, VNA, Spectrum analyzer) to gather data and utilize scripting to analyze it
- Knowledge of package non-idealities and impact on channel performance
- Knowledge of industry standard design tools including MATLAB, Spice or similar simulation and modeling tools
- Experience with FinFET process is a plus
- Experience with CMOS image sensors is a strong plus
Participate in specification definition and design effort representing Camera HW team. Multi-functional collaboration to develop next generation camera products and features System constraint discovery and design optimization Silicon Validation and Characterization System level validation of the camera interface Evaluate and participate is strategic technology direction setting.
Education & Experience
Master's in Electrical Engineering or industry experience equivalent