Software QA Engineer- Editorial tools
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The iTunes Store Team is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our group in a black box/white box role. Responsibilities include; performing functional, regression, ad-hoc and compatibility testing of the Content Management and Editorial systems for the iTunes Store, writing test case automation while working closely with other teams.
- Proven experience black box/white box testing Client-Server products
- Solid understanding of internet protocols, web proxies, caching and other Web related fundamentals
- Thorough knowledge of testing on MacOS, iOS, and Windows platforms
- Strong knowledge of the iTunes Store and available content types.
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Dedication to user-focused design & high quality technology
- Strong commitment to technical quality assurance as a key part of the software development cycle
- Willingness to work cross-functionally with other teams to make all products and deployments seamless for our customers
- Ability to lead projects and contribute as part of a team
Day to day work involves bug reporting and isolation, test plan documentation, writing test case automation and working closely with other teams (engineering, project management, etc.). This position demands a self-motivated individual with strong technical and communication skills who can contribute in a team environment.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or 5 years relevant experience
- Be extremely familiar with testing server-side software
- Have a good understanding of how CMS systems work
- Possess exceptional analytical skills in test case design and bug diagnosis
- Be dynamic and prepared to test/regress a high volume of changes on a day-to-day basis
- Demonstrate excellent bug reporting skills and the ability to communicate clearly with third parties
- Posses experience with behavior-driven development and domain specific languages (e.g. Cucumber)