Hardware Engineer, Camera Advanced Technology Group
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple's Camera Advanced Technology Group is seeking an Electrical Engineer to assist with rapid prototyping and concept demonstration activities. The engineer will play an integral role in a small, agile team at Apple, requiring a self-driven engineer with great initiative. The individual will be responsible for design and development of electrical circuits, including electro-optic and electro-mechanical devices. Responsibilities will span from analog circuit design and layout, performance and noise simulations, and interface design. Experience with embedded systems, high speed links, and analog interfaces for optical transmit and receive is preferred. This role offers an incredible opportunity to work with and learn from world-class experts in multiple disciplines, while working on exciting design applications.
- Expertise in electronic design, including component selection, schematic design, and schematic capture with tools like Cadence Allegro and OrCAD
- Working knowledge of best practices for PCB layout, construction and signal integrity
- Hands-on lab experience including data acquisition and measurement automation
- Demonstrate engineering passion, initiative, innovation, and creativity.
- Natural inquisitiveness to learn and quickly pick up other areas.
- Ability to perform simple mechanical assembly for quick prototypes
- Experience with bring-up, debug, and validation of digital designs
- Experience with lab equipment, including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and multi-meters
- Experience in electro-optics systems, such as camera, laser driver, high-speed optical sensing and scanning systems is a plus.
- Experience with embedded systems (FPGA integration and bring up) is a plus
You will be responsible to develop and debug early prototype hardware (EE) to evaluate new technologies and features for Advanced Technology Group. Design & schematic capture of analog electrical circuits and systems and some embedded systems programming Lead and review PCB layout Create appropriate test benches prior to hardware arrival
Education & Experience
MSEE with 3+ years of relevant experience, or BSEE with 5+ years of relevant experience