Technical Partner Manager, Apple Original Video
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We're growing and urge you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most hardworking creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. The Apple TV app brings together original shows and movies from Apple TV+. Just the premium channels you want. Thousands of movies to buy or rent. Popular streaming services and cable TV providers. It’s personalized and deftly curated, so you’ll discover the best of what’s on. And it’s all in one app. On all your screens. It is the ultimate way to watch TV. This is a hands-on, internal and external facing position responsible for working with our Apple Originals video partners. In this role, you’ll be responsible for tracking, validating, explaining, and driving delivery of video and metadata from our original video partners both inside and outside of Apple. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- You will have 5+ years of relevant media industry experience in metadata, OTT apps, video asset delivery, and partner management.
- You have very strong leadership skills. You will be a master at driving consensus with cross-functional partners both within Apple and throughout the industry. You are able to both roll up your sleeves and do menial work and delegate when appropriate.
- You are an authority in video asset delivery. You deeply understand 4K, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, and HDR10 workflows.
- You have strong scripting skills. Given requirements, you should be able to quickly design and write complex scripts to automate video delivery, generate metadata XML, and parse system information.
- You have strong SQL skills and have no problem understanding complex data models.
- You understand the complexities of worldwide, multi-lingual services and the impact of localization on the content lifecycle, catalog and availability metadata, Advanced Media, and encoding pipelines.
- You will be a guide on Apple’s original video content and the Apple TV app.
- You should have strong knowledge of the OTT video industry, media content, and streaming video services with a focus on video assets and metadata.
- You should have strong knowledge of industry standard specifications and digital media workflows.
- You have experience working with large, complex XML data sets and app development.
- You are analytical, inquisitive, and are comfortable in working with large disparate data sets to form meaningful conclusions.
- You are results-oriented, upbeat and focused with a strong passion to learn and succeed.
- You have a passion for TV, Movies, Sports, and other video content.
- You have experience working with a diverse group of media partners.
- You work well under tight deadlines, with shown experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects.
- You are flexible and versatile in nature, able to tackle challenges while maintaining and even keep and sense of humor.
- Multiple language skills a plus.
We are seeking a Technical Partner Manager within the Apple TV App Operations organization to support day-to-day management of Apple original video. The ideal candidate has strong communication skills, an uncanny ability to build consensus, and a passion for video service quality. This role will be responsible for: - Driving delivery of our growing catalog of original video content. - Designing scalable processes for operational support of an ongoing video service. - Building proof of concept automations and tools to support ongoing processes and one-off projects. - Working with our engineering teams to build robust tools that automate our content delivery workflows and are usable by a large group of internal and external partners. - Building relationships with productions and vendors that produce deliverables to the Apple TV platform. - Ensuring the quality of our video search, discovery, and playback experience across the Apple ecosystem.
Education & Experience
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.