Process Engineering R&D Technician
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for an extraordinary Process Engineering R&D Technician to join the PPO Engineering team. In this role you will work with multi-functional teams responsible for processing new devices. You will need to successfully collaborate closely with highly talented engineers and technicians.
- Experience with semiconductor processing in a clean room environment (7+ years)
- Manufacturing experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable learning how to operate new equipment and use new metrology techniques
- Ability to work in a dynamic, multi-functional environment
- Highly organized, self-starter, strong teammate
- Familiarity with spreadsheet and presentation software, data analysis experience a plus
- Familiarity with optics, light, and color science a plus
• Design and execute experiments, collecting and organizing data • Develop processes that can be scaled to initial pilot line • Support wet processing coating techniques, including spin-coating, slot die coating and other large format coating techniques • Support thin film patterning: lithography, etch, wet processing • Characterize samples using metrology tools related to thin film characterization, as well as optical and electrical measurements • Perform defect inspections, identify root cause and develop process improvement techniques to improve yield
Education & Experience
BS in mechanical, material science, electronics, or engineering. AS in engineering considered with relevant certifications/industrial experiences.