Software Engineer - Apple Cloud Education
San Francisco, California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Education team is looking for a passionate Software Engineer to help build the next generation of our educational experience. Help connect students and teachers using technology to facilitate learning, from K-12, through higher education, to life-long learning. We’re looking for an individual who loves solving problems to surprise and delight our customers. Do you want to work on products that are used by millions of users every single day? Are you passionate about education? If so, we want you! Join Apple's iCloud Education team to design and build innovative services that will reach millions of students and teachers. You will help us craft and build products that inspire and educate the next generation. The team is in San Francisco, working closely with Cupertino.
- Track record of shipping server-side applications for mobile devices and/or desktop browsers.
- Understanding of industry standard methodologies across design, development, testing, and deployment
- RESTful APIs
- Python, Java8+, or other object-oriented and functional languages
- Experience with relational databases and key-value stores
- BSD and/or Linux systems, and cloud-based infrastructure and platform services
- Large scale Informational retrieval, data extraction, and analytics
- Communicating ideas clearly within the team and across other groups
In addition to using technical knowledge to drive features and improvements, you thrive on dynamic requirements, and have excellent interpersonal skills. Success for this role depends on working with multi-functional teams. We are dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic team that reflects the multicultural variety of our customers. Responsibilities include: - You will contribute to product definition, design, development, QA, and deployment. - You will analyze data and providing customer-facing insights. - You will address tangible, customer-facing issues on a tight schedule. - You will maintain an intense focus on secure and polished software. - You will participate in the continual improvement of engineering tools and processes.