Graphics Software Content Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, we enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. The Graphics Software Engineer will be responsible for delivering high-quality GPU applications and test suites to meet the needs of GPU development and verification. This includes writing applications to stress and verify the GPU’s architecture, functionality, performance, and power. This individual will collaborate closely with the architecture team, modeling team, and hardware design teams.
- Expertise in one or more GPU 3D APIs (OpenGL, DirectX, Metal, etc.)
- Experience in GPU shading languages (GLSL, HLSL, Metal, etc.)
- The ideal candidate will have expertise and knowledge of graphics rendering algorithms
- Excellent C/C++ programming and scripting skills
- GPU modeling experience is a plus
- Experience with graphics device drivers a plus
- GPU hardware and architecture knowledge
- Experience with hardware design methodologies and tools (Verilog,
- DPI, design verification, etc.)
- The ability to work well in a team in order to be productive under aggressive product schedules
We define, write, and debug GPU applications and test suites targeting the verification of architecture, functionality, performance, and power. Design and implement GPU level verification API and tools We create automated flows for graphics core verification Support GPU hardware and software teams during model and design bring-up We create bit-accurate C/C++ models for hardware verification
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD CE, EE, or CS.