Hardware Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you can do at Apple as a Hardware Design Engineer! Your focus will be the design, implementation, and verification of digital, analog/RF, and power portions of complex wireless system designs. You are familiar with computer system architecture and FPGA design, with at least some Verilog and firmware bringup experience. You work proactively with other multi-functional engineering groups responsible for other blocks in the system that go into products used by millions of loyal customers with high expectations!
- Do you have 5+ years industry experience with solid digital logic fundamentals including experience with RF and high-speed digital PCB design?
- Hands on debug experience with usage of modern lab equipment (DSOs, Spectrum Analyzers)
- Good understanding of modern operating systems, multi-threaded systems, firmware and device drivers
- Experience in writing basic software and firmware routines and test scripts
- Strong desire to deep-dive system level issues and drive problems to closure in a team-based environment with a proactive attitude
- Experience with wireless communications and software defined radio (SDR) a plus
You will be working closely with internal hardware and software teams to define system interfaces and power supplies implementing designs in schematics, layout, firmware, HDL, and lead board bringup, characterization, and test.
Education & Experience
BS EE or equivalent required; MS EE or equivalent preferred