Apple Media Products Commerce Engineering Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. If you like the stimulation and challenges of leading and building a world-class extraordinary scalable commerce platform, this is the opportunity for you at Apple. We strive to provide a flawless purchase and subscription experience for our for millions of customers and developers. The Apple Media Products Commerce Engineering team is looking for a hardworking, proactive, expert, hands-on Technical Lead/Engineering Manager to build out an engineering team working on the next generation commerce and payments platform. This team will be responsible for enhancing or adding new functionality for purchasing of digital/physical goods, subscriptions, etc., to maintain or increase the overall growth of the App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Music, iCloud storage and 3rd Party developer subscriptions around the world. Be a part of an innovative impactful team making a difference.
- - 10+ years of experience in designing, implementing and supporting highly scalable applications and web services in Java
- - 2+ years in leading/managing/mentoring software engineering teams and partnering with cross-functional teams
- - Expertise in Object-oriented design and programming languages like Java
- - Proven experience working with SQL, distributed KV stores, and large relational databases (Oracle) including data modeling
- - Experience in complex 3rd party integrations (synchronous to asynchronous design)
- - Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- - Experience building and using distributed systems and caching architectures
- - Extensive experience with high volume transactional systems, and highly scalable deployment infrastructure which operate 24x7
- - Domain experience in building a commerce platform to handle intricacies of purchasing digital products globally will be a plus.
If you like the stimulation and challenges of leading and building a world class scalable commerce platform, this is the opportunity for you at Apple! We strive to provide a seamless purchase and subscription experience for our for millions of customers and developers. Our current subscriptions products include Apple Music, iCloud storage, and our ever-increasing 3rd party app subscriptions. Customer acquisition, engagement, and retention are top priorities. This is a tech lead role that is responsible for working with various partners and stakeholders to deliver new functionality to the new Commerce platform. We are always challenged to bring more revenue for Apple while providing an unparalleled customer experience. You will be a lead on the iTunes Store Commerce Engineering team and work cross-functionally with business development, financial and reporting teams, design, UI, operations, production support, various device/client teams, and various external partners worldwide. You will be challenged to lead, evolve, and invent new features in the ever changing, nimble e-commerce space. Therefore, you must master new technology quickly, be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, have a “can-do” attitude, work well in a multi-functional environment, adapt and collaborate well, and lead from the trenches. Join us in this exciting chapter for growth of the new commerce platform!
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent. MS preferred.