Manager: Global Threat Monitoring Team
Austin, Texas, United States
Do you thrive in high impact, high expectation positions? We are building a new Global Threat Monitoring Team (GTMT) to enhance our 24/7 365 ability to monitoring global threats, assess the impact to our assets, and respond to incidents as quickly as possible. This role holder will help develop and then lead a team comprising of Apple employees and analysts from a leading security company. The GTMT will form part of the Crisis Management Organisation, within Apple’s Global Security Function, but work cross functionally across the whole department. Join us and you’ll play a purposeful role in preserving the highest standards of security for one of the most-watched companies in the world! The selected individual needs to have an industry leading level of knowledge and experience in threat monitoring, having run teams ideally both in commercial and government organisations for more than 10 years. Equally important is an excellent grasp of the softer skills required for delivering written executive briefings, stakeholder and partner management, persuading & influencing others, and managing excellent internal and external relationships.
- Have an excellent level of knowledge in the art of threat monitoring across the globe.
- Be an excellent analyst in their own right, as well as being able to recruit, train and develop others.
- Possess the ability to build simple but informative threat products and services for a wide variety of stakeholders (Crisis Management, Security Operations, Executive Protection, Events).
- Outstanding written communication skills.
- Experienced and confident selecting, using and improving a wide range of threat focused technology systems.
- A strong leader able to manage their team directly, work as part of a global team, and be able to work collaboratively with any team.
- Work at speed maintaining a high level of quality and accuracy.
- Exercise excellent judgement
- Make decisions under pressures, with ambiguity in a dynamic situation.
- Work with all partners to achieve the right outcome for Apple.
- Team up with multiple vendor organisations to gain information and context.
- Be comfortable working in an organisation that rewards collaboration and collective responsibility, and avoids ego and territorial behaviours.
- Knows how to develop, motivate and bond a team working shift patterns 24/7 365.