Principal Security Engineer
Los Angeles, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are seeking an extraordinary Information Security Engineer who can thrive in a fast- paced environment where both individual drive and team collaboration are the keys to success. This is a technical hands-on role in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You’ll be working across all of Apple to enthusiastically identify problems, establish a vision for how to address those problems, and unite the relevant owners within the business on achieving that vision.
- To be successful, you must have deep technical expertise in one or more areas, coupled with a broad understanding of the security and information technology landscape. You must be able to influence without authority, innovate to solve tough problems, and communicate clearly to all levels of the organization.
- Significant technical depth in at least one of the subfields of information security
- Examples: secure software development, network security, identity and access management, cryptography, penetration testing
- A broad base of technical knowledge spanning many of the fields of information technology
- Examples: software engineering, system administration, network engineering, governance and compliance
- Experience delivering results in an enterprise environment
- Ideally from a position of little or no direct authority
- Ideally in efforts that span teams or organizations
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- You must have excellent writing skills
- You must be able to target their communications to their audience, whether technical or not, whether an executive or a front-line individual
You will join a team that is responsible for ensuring that Apple has a clear vision and agreed upon goals which support our mission to protect Apple and Apple’s customers. We use our expertise in security, our knowledge of software development and information technologies, and our extensive knowledge of Apple's history, organizations, and capabilities, to bridge gaps, connect people, and invent novel solutions. You will need to have strong foundational knowledge in all areas of Information Security, superb interpersonal skills, and the ability to drive initiatives in a large teams. The role also requires a strong ability to work under pressure with incomplete information and adapt to changing priorities. Specific responsibilities include: - Definition of vision and strategic plans - Design and evaluation of software and infrastructure architectures - Research on industry landscape and technology developments - Authoring technical reports and position papers - Partnering with leaders and engineers to influence and define execution plans - Presenting to audiences at varying levels of the organization - Ownership of multi-functional and cross-organizational programs as the DRI - Creating prototypes and/or proof of concepts to demonstrate that a proposed solution would work - Mentorship of junior engineers and technical leaders
Education & Experience
The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of relevant industry experience, plus a Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering with an emphasis in Information Security or a related field, or equivalent experience.