Product Owner - Information Security
Seattle, Washington, United States
This position can be located in Seattle (WA) or Santa Clara Valley (CA) Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Apple is seeking an experienced Product Owner to work closely with internal customer teams across Apple to understand product needs, and collaborate with engineering teams to drive the product roadmap for security products. The ideal Talent for this role will have a good understanding of information security concepts, and a passion for building and improving technical solutions with a clear vision and consistent feature delivery.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in product management or strategic security program management
- Strong information security awareness and ability to drive security objectives through product engineering.
- Experience researching, designing, and building new solutions and/or improving existing solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communicator with the ability to influence and build consensus in a reciprocal way.
- Experience communicating engineering technical challenges that may affect business timelines.
- Excellent project management skills and experience working in a rapid environment with shifting priorities.
Information Security is looking for a Product Owner who can own multiple products grouped to provide strategic advantages in order to achieve critical security objectives. Product Owners in this role are accountable for customer advocacy, product scope and vision, prioritization and arbitration of features, and evangelism to encourage adoption and utilization of their products. AS A PRODUCT OWNER YOU WILL: - Define and communicate the product vision and strategy. - Own the product roadmap and set expectations with relevant partners. - Work with security and product teams to identify and incorporate security and usability requirements into the product. - Define and drive engagement models across multiple engineering and operations teams. - Engage with customers to understand integration and onboarding requirements and desired timelines. - Collaborate with the engineering team to prioritize features and determine the best technical implementation methods. - Create and lead a comprehensive product communications strategy, including engineering status, end-user engagement, and executive updates. - Keep apprised of new technologies/services and find opportunities to automate/simplify/enhance existing products.
Education & Experience
Bachelor/ Master Degree or equivalent work experience
- Product Management or Product Design certification a plus
- Experience working on software development or network-centric projects a plus.
- CISSP and related security certifications a plus
- Deep experience with Information Security domains is a plus.