Product Manager - Third Party Cloud Platform
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are building out a centralized team building the platform and tools required for 3rd party cloud development, deployment and wide-scale adoption. Apple is seeking a Senior Product Manager to work closely with internal customer teams across Apple to understand product needs, and collaborate with engineering teams to drive the product roadmap for a secure, scalable and automated cloud platform. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of platform computing, cloud security and networking concepts and is able to identify, explain, and call attention to potential challenges. The successful candidate should have experience working with public cloud technologies in a large enterprise environment. We are building a multi-cloud platform to satisfy Apple’s needs.
- Working knowledge of public cloud technologies (AWS/GCP/others) and awareness of current service offerings.
- Adequate awareness of networking principles, compliance and security issues related to the cloud. Able to identify and explain challenges to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Experience communicating engineering technical challenges that may affect business timelines.
- Strong verbal and written communicator with the ability to influence and build consensus in a collaborative way.
- Takes the initiative to research and suggest possible solutions and/or identify new opportunities.
- Comfortable dealing with competing priorities spread across multiple customers
- 5+ years product management experience in a large enterprise cloud environment.
- Excellent project management skills and experience working in a rapid environment with shifting priorities.
- Engage with customers to understand product requirements and desired timelines. - Collaborate with the engineering team to prioritize features and determine the best technical implementation methods. - Own the product roadmap, manage shifting priorities and set expectations with relevant stakeholders. - Prepare and communicate status updates to senior executives. - Keep apprised of new technologies/services and identify opportunities to automate/simplify/enhance the existing platform. - Collaborate with various organizations across Apple.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years or equivalent experience.