Keyboard User Interface Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
With billions of messages typed everyday, the keyboard is among the most frequently used software applications on the planet. Our team makes that happen! The Keyboard team is responsible for the text input experience across iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV, and we are constantly exploring new innovations to make the text input experience better and also reach all our customers around the world who use many different languages.
- Programming ability in C, Objective-C, or Swift
- Communication and collaboration skills
- Passion and enthusiasm to improve Apple’s products
We are looking for a software engineer who is passionate about the world’s languages and cultures and is familiar with the development technologies that we use at Apple. In this role, you will develop Keyboard & Text Input features for various Apple platforms such as iOS, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS, in collaboration with other teams such as Design, Natural Language Processing, etc.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- - UI development skills using Apple’s frameworks, Cocoa & Cocoa Touch
- - Familiarity with different languages and scripts, e.g. French, Chinese, Arabic, etc.
- - Familiarity with Unicode and text encoding