TAPP Engineering Project Manager (EPM)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
TAPP Engineering Project Manager (EPM) In this critical role, you will be responsible for driving the TAPP (Thermal/Acoustic/Power/Performance) process forward across all Mac systems. Your role will be to work closely with the TAPP leadership and cross functional partners across the Mac Hardware and Software teams to understand the technical stack, from thermals/acoustics/power/performance up through the software layers with the ability to boil down complicated trade-offs into consumable material that decisions can be made with.
- Technical background (e.g. hardware and/or software development) with solid knowledge of thermals/acoustics/power/performance
- Electrical Engineering and/or Software Engineering Fundamentals
- Excellent communication, presentation, organizational and leadership skills that has the ability to network well and stay connected into all the various groups and technologies that feed into TAPP
- Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities with the ability to drive a team forward
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty
- Ability to effectively drive SW needs (OS, drivers maturity etc) to enable TAPP assessment.
- Teamwork: the candidate must be able to fit in well with a team, understand capabilities and priorities while fostering a collaborative environment
- Problem solver - when an issue arises, the candidate must be able to navigate cross functionally to get it resolved
Establish effective and strong working relationships with key cross functional organizations Ensure effective, integrated functional work between the teams in remote locations and Cupertino Identify key project risks and develop appropriate mitigation plans Help the teams to drive root cause investigation and to derive appropriate corrective action options. Effectively drive the decision-making process Highlight and appropriately escalate (as required) key issues to the executive team Establish working relationships with the key team members and leaders in the x-functional TAPP, Mac, SW, HWtech, and Validation Ensure inter-team and intra-team communications are efficient and effective Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and efficiently
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience in a related discipline (e.g. EE, SW, etc.) required.
- We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. You will be part of building an extraordinary team. We're looking forward to a talented and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you