Imaging & Sensing Incubation, Lead Mechanical Engineer, Product Design and Prototyping for ML
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Lead the Mechanical Design and Development of data collection hardware for Machine Learning to enable next-generation Camera and Sensing Technologies Imaging and Sensing Incubation team develops data collection and user experience systems to help develop new technologies that are central to Apple’s products, including the iPhone, iPad, watch, Mac Books, and more. Our team plays key role in creating early systems integrated with new technology to collect data that enable new feature development. New challenges arise everyday that require the sharp analytical skills of talented and smart individuals. We have a collaborative, inclusive, and hands-on environment that cultivates engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. Come, join us in crafting best-in-class solutions!
- Strong background and experience in mechanical design, 3D modeling, prototyping, development, and project leadership.
- Experience with small scale manufacturing.
- Scientific method, experimental process, root cause analysis, tolerance analysis.
- Excellent critical analysis, and logic/reasoning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and people skills; ability to interact with management, team members and external vendors.
- Experience with applied knowledge in flex circuits, printed circuit boards, material science, basic physics and basic chemistry.
- Experience with camera, and sensor technologies.
- Experience and expertise with hands-on prototyping tools.
Drive end to end development of mechanical architecture and design for the electro-mechanical systems. These systems will enable machine learning team to collect data using new technologies developed by camera and sensing team. Brainstorm, design and implement mechanical infrastructure for characterization and validation of camera and sensor technologies to enable technology development. Generate innovative ideas with cross-functional teams to enable early technology development. Go-to-person for production/manufacturability best practices and guidelines. Mentor junior engineers on ME design Apple practices & processes Participate in design brainstorm and design reviews. Responsible for ME tasks related to functional prototype fabrication, assembly, bring up, debug, and testing. Responsible for mechanical design using 3D CAD, failure analysis and problem solving. Responsible for driving contract manufacturers for part manufacturing and assembly.
Education & Experience
BSME required; MSME preferred 10 plus years of industry experience in consumer electronics is preferred