Mechanical Design Lead, Hardware Systems for Machine Learning
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Lead the Mechanical Design and Development for next-generation Camera and Sensing Technologies Design, prototype, and develop Machine Learning Data Collection system hardware for next-generation Technologies in Apple products.! The Camera and Sensing Technology team develops cutting-edge Camera and Sensing solutions and technologies that are central to Apple’s products, including the iPhone, iPad, watch, MacBook, and more. The key goal of the Camera and Sensing Technology team is to enable the world’s best user-experience. New challenges arise everyday that require the sharp problem-solving skills of hardworking and smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation
- Strong background and experience in mechanical design, 3D modeling, prototyping, development and project leadership.
- Experience with small scale manufacturing.
- Scientific method, experimental process, root cause analysis, tolerance analysis.
- Excellent critical analysis, and logic/reasoning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and people skills; ability to interact with management team members and external vendors.
- Experience with applied knowledge in flex circuits, printed circuit boards, material science, basic physics and basic chemistry.
- Experience with camera, and sensor technologies.
- Experience and expertise with hands-on prototyping tools.
- Drive end to end development of mechanical architecture and design for the electro-mechanical systems. These systems will enable machine learning team to collect data using new technologies developed by camera and sensing team. - Brainstorm, design and implement mechanical infrastructure for characterization and validation of camera and sensor technologies to enable technology development. - Generate innovative ideas with cross-functional teams to enable early technology development. - Go-to-person for production/manufacturability best practices and guidelines. - Mentor junior engineers on ME design Apple practices & processes - Participate in design brainstorm and design reviews. - Responsible for ME tasks related to functional prototype fabrication, assembly, bring up, debug, and testing. - Responsible for mechanical design using 3D CAD, failure analysis and problem solving. - Responsible for driving contract manufacturers for part manufacturing and assembly.
Education & Experience
MSME with minimum 10 years of electro-mechanical industry experience.