Camera Software - CV/ML Research Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Do you have a passion for building the best camera experience in the world? The Camera & Photos team focuses on building engaging new experiences that leverage computer vision, image processing, and machine learning. Our team works hard on products that ship to millions of people and get used to capture trillions of moments each year. The Computational Imaging team provides the innovative algorithms and image processing solutions for all of Apple’s awe-inspiring devices including iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Combining ground breaking machine learning and computer vision techniques with next-generation hardware, our team takes the mobile photography experience to the next level. If you are passionate about finding and solving new problems in computer vision and image processing, we have the job for you.
- Proven research and practical experience in developing computer vision, machine learning and imaging algorithms for image processing, photography, and video quality
- A deep understanding of machine learning and computer vision concepts
- Demonstrated experience identifying new industry problems and providing viable solutions to those problems
- You should be proficient written and verbal communication
- Ability to work in multi-functional teams
- Ability to manage numerous projects and prioritize work accordingly
- You should have strong coding skills in: MATLAB and Python
- Experience with one of the following: Metal, OpenGL, OpenCL, Cuda and C/C++ is a plus
The Computational Imaging team is seeking extraordinary, driven, and innovative developers to work on special computer vision, machine learning and image processing solutions. Through crafting advanced imaging algorithms and forward-looking features on our team, you will contribute to existing and future iterations of Apple's products. You will collaborate daily with our team of engineers to build a new and dynamic vision of how we approach new problems. You will contribute directly to solving those problems using creative and unique algorithms.
Education & Experience
PhD or MS in Image Processing, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Computer Science, or a related field is required