Engineering Program Manager, Interactive Technology
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The Retail Interactive Technology team is looking for an individual who is “a force of nature,” someone who takes ownership and is committed to delivering great products. As a member of our team, you'll be responsible for driving the implementation and delivery of the technology that customers directly interact with in Apple Retail stores worldwide. Does leading engineering programs within a dynamic, innovative engineering organization tasked with bringing leading-edge technology experiences to life in both the audio/visual and demo spaces sound like your dream job? Ownership will span the entire project lifecycle, from concept, design and development, supportability and successfully meeting delivery commitments as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline. Partnering closely with technical managers and senior leadership, you will have the opportunity to shape and define the processes for supporting current and future programs. This position will work closely with hardware and software teams responsible for building the technology powering our stores, requiring both a technical understanding in these areas as well as excellent people and communication skills. A passion for innovation, creative problem solving, cross-functional collaboration, and organization will also be key to success in this role.
- 5+ years of Technical Program Management/Engineering Management experience.
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to tackle a challenge, articulate a vision for moving it forward, and lead a team to a common goal.
- Experience managing projects using Agile software development e.g. Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate large cross-functional activities across organizational and geographical boundaries.
- Outstanding communication skills with an ability to connect across teams and negotiate effectively when needed.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to develop new technical acumen quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, including ability to communicate complex ideas to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong desire to leverage metrics and data to drive project planning and success criteria.
Build and implement project management structure to enable collaboration and alignment across software, hardware, and infrastructure engineering teams. Facilitate communication and coordination across internal multi-discipline teams and third party partners. Plan, prioritize, and drive projects and milestones to meet expected timelines. Understand technical challenges and drive them to resolution by bringing together the necessary partners for decision-making. Evaluate current processes and lead innovative, holistic improvements. Consolidate project status across several work streams and effectively present to senior leadership. Ability to travel domestically and internationally for program launches, industry trade shows, etc.
Education & Experience
BSEE/MSEE, BSCE/MSCE or equivalent desired