Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Our lab is looking for a mid level CNC prototype machinist who will be responsible for preparing materials, programming tool paths, setting up and operating multiple CNC machines, spot checking finished components, all while maintaining quality and safety standards.
- 4+ years of experience setting up and operating computer numerical controlled machines
- Experience programming in a 3D CAD/CAM environment
- 5-axis experience is a plus
- Experience working with a wide range of materials
- Proficient with calipers, micrometers, surface plate inspection practices
- Experience using horizontal and vertical saws, manual mills and lathes
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances
- Self-motivated and a self starter
- Excellent troubleshooting and interpersonal skills
- Experience with close tolerances
- Experience with Machining (Mill, Lathe, EDM Sinker, EDM Wire) strongly preferred. - Knowledge of CAD/CAM software such as NX, Cimatron, Esprit, Hypermill strongly preferred - Knowledge of Laser prototyping capabilities and options is beneficial - Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing beneficial but not required - Proficient in the use of personal computers to perform daily work - Superb communication skills, including written and verbal instruction - Strong experience in handling change with teams - The ideal candidate will have a love for a fast-paced and multi-focused work environment.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree Manufacturing Operations, or related fields or five years of either supervisory or engineering experience. Experience in prototyping is helpful but not required.