Loss Prevention Manager
Houston, Texas, United States
Do you love problem solving? As part of our Global Security group, you’ll help manage the safety and security needs of Apple’s most valuable assets: our people and innovations. We are the guardians of the Apple experience! Join us, and you’ll play a meaningful role in preserving the highest standard of safety and security for one of the most-watched companies in the world. Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Loss Prevention managers are responsible for applying their expertise and devising a Loss Prevention strategy within assigned market(s). . The ideal LP manager will take a proactive approach to protecting our people and preventing losses within stores through training and awareness.
- Responsible for the safety of our employees, investigations, operational standards, training, and LP budget in assigned market(s).
- Create and deliver Loss Prevention training to market and store leadership.
- Responsible for managing security vendors, and contract guards.
- Responsible for working with stores to identify inventory shortage opportunities and recommend resolutions.
- Assess store and market needs to ensure Loss Prevention resources are being properly deployed.
- Conduct investigations and interviews as it relates to violations of company policies and procedures.
- Proactively monitor controls to identify employee theft.
- Assist in the creation of action plans to achieve operational compliance.
- Offer recommendations and solutions in crisis situations such as work place violence and active threats.
- Excellent communication, written and verbal
- Excellent delegation and follow-up skill
- Loss Prevention investigation and interview experience required
- Excellent time management and prioritizing skills
- Basic knowledge of computer application
- The ability to speak in front of groups
- Ability to travel to stores within assigned area, and maneuver around sales floors, stock room and offices
- Loss Prevention Manager must be able to work for periods of time at a desk on a computer
We value your ability to lead and implement Loss Prevention procedures, which safeguard the Company’s assets and provide clear guidance to team members. Through store visits, you'll identify preventative shortage reduction measures and ensure 100% execution, inspect and follow company safety policies, provide direction and training to ensure opportunities are identified and corrected. You'll work closely with all levels of management to ensure that all aspects of Loss Prevention are consistent and in compliance with company standards and policy. Providing support, guidance, feedback, and training to all stores within defined market/area regarding Loss Prevention. You will responsible for a variety of tasks including (but not limited to) managing security budgets, assist with internal investigations, ensuring consistent practices among stores, conducting safety audits, and developing market specific shortage action plans in high-risk stores. You will also provide assistance on all Law Enforcement and Judiciary requests.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred - Wicklander & Zulawski or Reid interviewing and interrogation certification preferred - Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Protection Professional, Certified Forensic Interviewer, LPQ preferred
- - 5-7 years of retail Loss Prevention management experience
- - 2-4 years Multi-unit experience preferred