Display Mechanical Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a Display Engineer to lead activities to design and develop innovative displays used in MacBook and iMac products. Our team owns the display module development from initial system architecture through ramp. As such, you will utilize your mechanical design engineering skills to own the end-to-end mechanical development and integration of cutting edge display design into next generation Apple products.
- This individual will serve as a focal point in designing, developing, characterization, and optimization of the LCD module mechanical design & performance for the Mac displays.
- Investigate up-to-date mechanical package designs and technologies to generate new approaches that further enhance Apple portable display performance and enables strong and compact system designs.
- Define and review the overall module mechanical architecture & performance requirements
- Achieve system performance goals through mechanical design optimization, utilizing 3D CAD (UG, Solidworks, ProE, etc.), prototyping, and new material and manufacturing processes.
- Define & implement rigorous validation plan for ME characteristics of the panels using a solid understanding of DOE, GD&T, CP/CPK techniques.
- Driving failure analyses and design of experiments (DOEs) to reach design solutions and corrective actions.
- Work with system engineering team to understand the mechanical interface designs, including alignment features, tolerances analysis, and advanced material for the components.
- Work with cross-functional project teams and supply base throughout product development phase and support the initial product ramp.
The candidate will need to have three years of hands-on experience and proven track record in the design and development of consumer electronics or LCD mechanical design fields. Experience with mechanical design engineering of any of the following will be considered: consumer electronics, or small medical devices, or automotive components, or tooling/fixtures, or consumer appliances with tight tolerances. Must have mechanical design engineering experience of small parts, component design, assembly experience. Finite element/structural analysis, thermal simulation, and material science considered a plus but is not required. Demonstrated ability to perform mechanical design & validation is a must. Experiences in developing and manufacturing high volume display products preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and people skills are required.
Education & Experience
BSME/ MSME is required