Apple Web Editor
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We want the World to be a better place! Join our team and imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple's internal communication team informs the Company, about our innovative products and services, and the culture and values that drive what we do. We’re looking for inventive, collaborative professionals from a variety of creative fields. If that’s you, then your next home may be here. Come and do the best and most exciting work of your career at Apple. We are looking for a dynamic, global Editor to lead and evolve Apple’s internal news platform - AppleWeb. In this position, you will set the editorial direction of the site, working globally with teams and executives to surface and tell the inside story of Apple, as it happens. This is an exciting time to be at Apple and tell the Apple story.
- An accomplished writer/editor with 10+ years experience, including with a major online news platform
- A deep understanding of storytelling and capturing reader attention
- Strong ability to motivate and lead an editorial team
- Creative thinker with a talent for championing and gaining support for new ideas and approaches
- Experience with a variety of formats (eg, video, social media), with the ability to identify emerging trends in communications
- An ability to analyze and communicate results to leaders
- Proven ability to manage deadlines and work effectively with executives and cross-functional teams under strict deadlines
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Resourceful, creative, and collaborative
- Passion for the Apple brand and Apple products
Apple communicates with its employees through one, global, internal news platform. The company’s more than 150,000 employees go there daily to get critical company announcements, hear straight from Apple executives, and read behind-the-scenes interviews with the engineers and designers who create Apple products and services. The platform also cultivates a sense of community at Apple by engaging employees in company-wide moments and shared experiences, including Apple keynotes and employee-exclusive events and activities. You will lead the news team that writes and produces the content for the site, and work in partnership with the site’s design and technical teams to evolve the user experience. In this broad leadership role, you will have the opportunity to push the site forward across many aspects, eg, introducing new content formats and innovative ways to engage Apple’s global community. Creativity and bold ideas are a requirement for this position.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred