AirPlay Certification QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Connected Media Team is looking for a Certification Test and QA Engineer with strong experience working with consumer AV equipment who can join the team responsible for certification of Apple’s AirPlay Video, AirPlay Audio, and AirPrint technologies on 3rd-Party products. The ideal candidate will have experience verifying specification compliance, communication with 3rd-Party engineering teams, and demonstrated expertise isolating hard-to-diagnose bugs.
- 2+ years of Software Testing / QA experience working with Audio, Video, or other Consumer Electronics
- Experience testing iOS and/or MacOS SW systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience creating new and improving existing test cases
- Strongly Desired:
- Experience working in QA verification roles, certification programs, and vendor relationships
- Experience working with iOS, Mac OS, Unix, Xcode.
- Familiarity with existing Apple streaming technologies e.g AirPrint and AirPlay
- 2+ years experience in automation driven testing environment.
- Knowledge of Swift/C/Objective-C/C++, shell scripting, Perl, Python is desirable.
- Demonstrated examples of self-directed process improvement
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work accordingly.
This role will include creation and execution of Certification test plans of 3rd-Party HW/SW solutions that integrate closely with Apple’s AirPlay Video, AirPlay Audio, and AirPrint technologies. Job responsibilities will include: validation of vendor certification program results, OS updates, bug investigations, and the ongoing development of test tools. This role involves writing and tracking high quality bug reports, reporting on project progress, documentation, and risk analysis. Ideal candidates will be able to adapt to changing tasks ranging from test-lab focused QA to configuration setup and hard-to-reproduce bug investigations. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong analytical, problem solving, testing, and communication skills who can deliver in a fast-paced environment. Ideal candidates can work well in isolation and with teammates spread around the world. Connected Media is part of the larger Interactive Media Group (IMG) within Apple’s Software Engineering organization. This team is responsible for delivering technologies like Airplay and AirPrint that seamlessly connect our devices to the TVs we watch our movies on, the sound systems where we listen to our favorite songs, and the printers that put our photos, designs, and words in our hands.
Education & Experience
B.Sc in Computer Science or equivalent experience