Cellular RF/mmW Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The RF/mmW Hardware Design Engineer will design, develop, and optimize radio frequency (RF) and mmWave hardware circuits and systems for wireless communications devices. The engineer will be involved from initial concept study to the mass production phase. Responsibilities include developing tools to automate mmWave sub-systems characterization and analysis with latest mmWave instruments and test chambers, defining unique cellular RF front-end sub-systems, working with vendors to develop custom RF components, working with CAD engineers to do PCB design, designing and optimizing RF circuits to meet industry and internal standards, and providing support to factory personnel during the development of prototype hardware. Some international and domestic travel is required.
- Experience with radio hardware design and development for high-volume manufacturing.
- Experience with RF/mmW test equipment such as vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, AWGs, tuner systems, compact ranges, anechoic chambers, shield boxes, one box testers, and call boxes
- Experience in developing and optimizing RF automation systems including RF/mmWave calibration procedures
- Must be extremely experienced in programming and scripting languages such as Python, C or MATLAB.
- Experience with Phased array system principles, beamforming, calibration, and array analysis/synthesis
- Experience with 5G NR/mmWave concepts using test chamber system and MATLAB scripts
- Experience with Phased array system principles, beamforming algorithms, calibration, and array analysis/synthesis/simulation
- Experience in working with key Tx and Rx system components like power amplifiers, ET/APT power supply converters, LNA, and other fundamental RF component building blocks.
- Develop block diagram, schematics and layout for radio hardware design solutions.
- Be fluent in wireless communications standards, wireless technology and communications market trends.
- Can execute line-up analysis for both RX and TX on a given RF front end solution.
- Must have experience with RF Test tools and proper measurement methodologies for verifying performance of hardware design.
- Must have Cellular Handset development experience
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be familiar with high-end simulation tools like ADS, HFSS or similar.
- Must have with a successful track record of delivering highly innovative communications products.
- Should be well organized and have the ability to be flexible in a changing work environment.
You are experienced with 4G/5G cellular radio hardware design and development for high-volume manufacturing. We are seeking RF/mmW Hardware Design engineers who are curious and seek to contribute to design, analysis, and implementation of next generation wireless radio solutions in different product categories. Traveling internationally and domestically is a part of this role, but you love to travel so not a problem.
Education & Experience
BSEE or equivalent required; MSEE or equivalent preferred