Streaming Media Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple's Interactive Media Group (IMG) is looking for dedicated and hardworking engineers to join our Streaming Media playback team. This technology powers streaming media experiences on all of Apple’s platforms (iPhones/iPads, Apple TV, and macOS) and 3rd party devices.
- Knowledge of media streaming protocols (HTTP Live Streaming-HLS, DASH, RTMP, RTSP, etc)
- Knowledge of audio/video codecs and transport/container formats (e.g., H.264/AVC, HEVC, AAC, Dolby Digital, ATMOS, MP4, TS, ISOBMFF, etc)
- Experience in developing audio/video players
- Understanding of HTML5 based video playback technologies including MSE and EME
- Strong programming skills in C/C++, with excellent multithreaded debugging skills
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills using network analysis tools such as WireShark, etc
- Familiarity with CDN architectures (caches, origin servers, proxies, etc) is a plus
- Experience in working with content protection technologies for media streaming (e.g., FairPlay Streaming, PlayReady or Widevine)
- Good familiarity with code versioning tools, such as Git
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills with a professional and credible demeanor
- A self-starter who possesses strong time management skills with great attention to detail, and the ability to work independently when handling multiple priorities.
As a media streaming engineer in this role, you will be responsible for developing features, contributing to media systems design, analyzing performance, and tuning algorithms for streaming media playback on Apple and 3rd party devices. An individual should have development experience at multiple layers of the OS network stack and have experience building network delivery systems for playback of media content.
Education & Experience
B.Sc in Computer Science or equivalent experience.