Hardware Engineer Apple/Beats
Culver City, California, United States
Our team is looking for a Hardware Engineer in Culver City, CA. As a Hardware Engineer for the Beats Engineering group at Apple, you will be designing hardware, implementing new technologies, developing audio products. If you are passionate about audio, creating new products, music, and working with a team, then this would be the perfect opportunity for you.
- 5+ years industry experience in hardware systems design and strong electrical engineering fundamentals (analog/digital design, signal/power, etc.)
- Experience developing high volume consumer electronics products from beginning to end and working with contract manufacturers
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and debug complex systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of systems with CPU/SOC, Power (PMIC, DC-DC, battery, power management and low power design), analog circuits, audio, wireless integration, sensors
- Comfortable in a lab environment using spectrum analyzers/oscilloscopes/battery simulators. Strong desire to deep-dive system level issues.
- Experience in creating schematics and reviewing layout (tools like Cadence/Allegro, Altium, Orcad)
- Demonstrated success in a fast-paced design environment and a proven ability to multi task and prioritize work load.
As a member of our team, you will be directly applying your hardware engineering expertise and working with cross-functional teams including PD, DFM, RF, Software/Firmware, HW Test to bring product from concept to mass production. In your role, you will be expected to solve challenging engineering problems: selecting components, developing with internal silicon, designing schematics, working closely with layout engineers, and bring up and debug circuitry in the lab. You will define test criteria and execute on test plans and perform validation on prototypes. Our team requires travel domestically and internationally. We work to bring up our product on site and work closely with contract manufacturers to ensure success of our product.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent