Employee Relations Consultant, Workplace Violence
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple is looking for a Senior Employee Relations Consultant who will lead Apple’s U.S. Threat Assessment Process. This individual would work with Global Security, the Employment Law Group, the People Team and the business units to assess the level of risk in issues raised to the team, develop and roll out training/awareness programs and determine reporting metrics. Will also assist in other areas of Corporate Employee Relations including investigations, decision reviews and projects.
- 7+ years related HR experience
- 5+ years experience leading sensitive and complicated employee relations issues
- Experience in assessing and addressing workplace violence issues preferred
- Large corporation HR/ER experience is helpful
- Kowledge of local, state and federal employment law and regulations
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills required
You will have the skills and experience to successfully perform the following job responsibilities: - Conduct workplace violence assessments and implement response plans as needed. - Identify, analyze and implement resolutions to complex and highly sensitive ER situations, including unusual circumstances where precedents for resolution are unavailable. - Conduct investigations regarding potential misconduct and policy violations. - Advise and influence all levels of management regarding critical and complex employee relations decisions. These decisions may have critical impact on the organization and involve a large degree of risk. - Evaluate and review employee related decisions in response to employee concerns. - Develop, communicate and implement company-wide employee relations programs, policies, and procedures. - Conduct training for HR, ER and line management on Workplace Violence procedures and other employee relations topics as needed - Develop and use ER metrics to determine trends and develop proactive strategies to curb ER issues in the business
Education & Experience
BA/BS or equivalent is preferred
- - Note: This role can be located in a home office, Cupertino, Elk Grove or Austin
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.