Worldwide Retail Fulfillment Operations (RFO) Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The RFO team strives to provide cutting-edge innovation and operational excellence for a best-in-class customer experience. RFO turns Retail Fulﬁllment into a key value proposition for Apple’s direct customers, through planning, execution and strategic programs. The RFO Program Manager is a highly visible role that will be responsible for strategic fulﬁllment programs that cuts across Operations and Retail to gain efﬁciencies in Apple’s fulﬁllment roadmap to improve offerings in the direct channel’s route to market strategy. The work that is done in this space has a direct impact on the efﬁciency and accuracy from online to stores teams worldwide. This role will represent fulﬁllment processes, and behaviors in cross-functional fulﬁllment projects and programs, as the subject matter expert. New process and system functionality and/or process will be supported by this role from conception to design, implementation, and support.
- Experience: Program Management, Project Management, Operations, Supply Chain, Retail (stores and eCommerce). Candidates with experience in process design and implementation, fulﬁllment, logistics, and new product introductions.
- - A team player with a “hands-on” and “can do” attitude that can inﬂuence through collaboration and leadership.
- - Being able work effectively with other teams and taking them along for the journey is critical.
- - Deep understanding of supply chain, logistics, eCommerce operations - ideally in an Apple context Excellent communication and presentation skills (keynote, xls).
- - Prioritization skills to constantly focus on the most important project in a fast changing environment.
- - Analytical, curious and creative mind set Ability to see the big picture and zoom into the macro level technical detail Team player, while being able to work independently.
- - A driver who is self motivated and operates with a great sense of urgency Ability to drive progress under immense degree of ambiguity and be comfortable working in an unstructured environment.
- - Ability to make key decisions and deliver results under extremely tight timelines Passion for the customer experience.
- - Ability to troubleshoot problems quickly and think “outside the box” to solve problems Ability to prioritize deliverables to balance speed and accuracy.
- Lead fulﬁllment strategy and programs from concept to go-live and run the business after successful delivery of key initiatives, examples include offerings in the speed and convenience pillars (i.e. Immediate Delivery, Ship from Store). - Deﬁne the scope and feature prioritization for all programs following the RFO roadmap concepts and goals. - Represent the business in Business Requirement Documents, Gap Reviews with BPR & IS&T. - Keep in close contact with business users (RFO) worldwide throughout all phases of the project (solicit feedback, validate requirements, obtain approvals, achieve global consensus on design). - Collaborate with BPR & IS&T on designs and scope - sign off on ﬁnal design on behalf of RFO. - Represent the business in conceptual and detailed design playbacks with IS&T. - Partner with cross functional Ops teams (BPR, Logistics, Finance, SDS, SDM, etc.) and partner with Retail teams to deliver programs and solutions. - Partner with RFO leadership on capital planning process (Ops & Retail gating process). - Manage communications at an Executive level while being in the details of all aspects of the programs. - Assist in the creation and ongoing maintenance of the RFO roadmap (cap & non-cap work). - Partner with user groups in planning, scripting, data setup, and execution of UAT (user acceptance testing); partner with Retail UAT team to ensure cross-functional UATs are seamless; provide UAT sign-off. - Drive cutover planning, with input from IS&T; engage regional RFO teams as needed for cutover task execution. - Design and provide reporting improvements based on needs of programs. - Assess current business processes for improvement opportunities. Transform broad concepts and business strategies into structured projects, lead design, and implementation. - Collaborate with technical and business teams to ensure systems are ready for new product launches and teams know how to leverage to get desired business outcomes.
Education & Experience
• Minimum 5 years experience of program and/or project management in retail operations, inventory management, and/or supply chain. • BS/BA degree required. MBA or advanced degree a plus.