Software QA Engineer, Video Apps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming outstanding products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Video Applications team is looking for a senior software QA engineer to contribute to the production of innovative tools for video makers and visual storytellers. This position will be with the team that delivered the Memories Movies in the Photos app, Clips, and iMovie. It requires a highly proactive individual with strong creative, technical and analytic skills and passion for new technologies related to computer vision/machine learning.
- Analytical, focused and creative thinker committed to driving quality forward
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, QA terminology and processes required
- iOS and MacOS familiarity
- Familiarity with basic UNIX commands a plus
- Validated bug detection, isolation, and regression skills
- Experience with video/film editing recommended
- Experience in Motion Graphics valued
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills (oral, written and interpersonal)
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Inquisitive and persistent problem solver
- 5+ years experience as a QA engineer
- You will work closely with other team members to develop requirements, identify appropriate testing implementations processes, and methodologies with minimal direction - You will help coordinate multi-functional test efforts. You will be in continual dialogue with Engineering and Design as products evolve. - You should be able to be comfortable with ambiguity and make educated, critical judgments in the absence of complete requirements. - Assemble, monitor, and analyze test results to ensure the features work end-to-end for customers. - You must be effective and detailed at balancing priorities, and communicating progress as well as risk through regular status updates. - Additional responsibilities will include design and implementation of test plans and test cases. - Have a shown ability to ramp up quickly on both existing and new technologies.
Education & Experience
BS EE/CE/CS or equivalent.