Software QA Manager, Video Apps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming excellent products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Video Applications team is looking for a driven and dedicated Software QA manager to build and manage a team testing new technologies. This position will be with the team that delivered Memories Movies in Photos, Apple Clips, as well as iMovie, and has significant cross-functional overlap with the Pro Video applications as well (Final Cut Pro, Motion and Compressor). As a member of our fast-paced group, you will have the outstanding and rewarding opportunity to be part of new projects and help shape upcoming products that continue to encourage and delight millions of Apple’s customers every day.
- Significant management experience. Ideally 5+ years as a Software Quality Assurance manager
- Established pattern of building strong teams – attracting, hiring, motivating, and retaining the best engineers
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, QA terminology and processes
- Persistent and inquisitive problem solver, committed to driving quality forward
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills (oral, written and interpersonal) including the ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Excellent cross-functional influencer
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment
- Experience with AR/VR authoring, Machine Learning and/or Computer Vision preferred
In this role, you will be responsible for planning and driving execution of test plans for multiple simultaneous development initiatives. Your ability to work closely with development teams, to identify and understand key features and their underlying functionality, will be the key to your success. You will be required to produce a clear and concise picture of product quality for the project, from concept to product release. You will be working closely with other QA and engineering team members to help coordinate cross-functional test efforts. Your capacity for defining and hiring an extraordinary QA team is vital. Your ongoing curiosity and commitment to self-education in video technologies as well as new testing techniques is what will set you apart.
Education & Experience
BS EE/CE/CS or equivalent.
- - 5+ years of experience in product QA environments.
- - Additional training in either scripting or video preferred.