Product Marketing Manager, Platform Product Marketing
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! We believe in the power of combining product management and product marketing together - that the best person to communicate why a product is meaningful to consumers and developers is the same person that helped drive its creation. Product Marketing Managers at Apple serve as the customer voice during product development working with incredible teams, and also create the launch story and speak to media about why your products matter. We are seeking a highly motivated Product Marketing Manager to join the Platform Product Marketing team. You will be responsible for defining new features and strategy for Apple’s proactive intelligence as well as Enterprise and Education capabilities across macOS, iOS, and iPadOS. This includes working both inbound and outbound to drive the development, introduction, and maintenance of features and technologies.
- 10+ years Product Management experience with at least one entire product development cycle from concept to introduction
- Experience in both product management and product marketing
- Working knowledge of Machine Learning concepts highly desired
- Technical track record working closely with engineering/technical teams from an in-bound marketing perspective including during early research and development.
- Skilled at developing and exercising cross-functional influence; translating between business owners and technical teams.
- Experience and ability to synthesize technologies into product communication for broad audience including customers, media, analysts, and industry experts.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as demonstrated success as a product spokesperson on a national or global level.
- Experience working cross-functionally to define product strategy and roadmap, craft positioning, and define marketing activities.
- Previous experience with press and media.
- Requires international and domestic travel.
Do you enjoy traveling the world as the ambassador for your products and briefing press? In this role, your expertise will drive the strategy, roadmap, feature definition, product positioning and key messages. By evaluating new technologies, and collecting global customer, developer, and partner requirements you will recommend future product features. You will also: Work in a global cross-functional team with engineering, developer relations, public relations and marketing communications through the complete product development cycle. Position the product in relation to other products and the competition. Work with marketing communications and PR to develop product launch activities, press releases and marketing materials. Possess expert knowledge of competitive and 3rd party products. Closely follow emerging technology, consumer and societal trends, and recommend how products will fit into those emerging trends. Manage trade-offs involving features, schedule, cost, line positioning and lifecycle management.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree. MBA or equivalent preferred.