ML Lead / Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. It takes deeply dedicated, intelligent and hard-working individuals to maintain and exceed the high expectations for the exciting iPhone brand and other products at Apple. The Product Operations create ML solutions that impact across product lines, we are seeking an extraordinary Machine Learning Lead/Manager to join our team. Your work will have a direct impact on product quality of Apple’s most popular products like iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, as well as improve the efficiency of Apple’s massive global supply chain.
- A minimum of 5 years of industrial experience in applying machine learning/ computer vision/ large scale data analysis or data science techniques
- Applications in mass production manufacturing will be a plus
- Experience leading a high-performing team of machine learning engineers ( setting
- priorities for the roadmap, helping to keep the team focused, etc)
- Depth and breadth of ML and DL expertise, strong working knowledge of machine learning/data mining algorithms (deep learning, classification, clustering, etc.) and applied statistics.
- Experience with Image Analysis/ Image Processing /Computer Vision is a plus.
- Experience with successfully implementing machine learning algorithms to real-
- world applications
- Strong communications skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to partner with different business and ML teams within Apple
- Ability to travel internationally 10-15%
This team of top-notch machine learning engineers are building cutting-edge applications, which will transform how hardware is manufactured and tested at Apple. We are seeking someone who recommends and implements solutions understanding and prioritizing needs from product design, engineering, and operations to apply machine-learning algorithms to solve sophisticated problems at Apple scale. This is a rare opportunity to be working on ground breaking, new applications from Computer Vision, NLP to traditional classification/clustering problems. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
Education & Experience
- Ph.D. is preferred - Master's degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, or in a highly quantitative field. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.