Apple Media Products Engineering - Sr. Software Engineer, Media Domain Platforms
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
- Proven experience in a professional programming position with Java and similar languages.
- Strong understanding of building micro-services using REST-style APIs
- In-depth knowledge of database systems and domain modeling techniques
- Confidence with both SQL databases like Oracle and NoSQL databases like Cassandra and MongoDB
- JSON, Protobuf serialization and gRPC
- Experience deploying software on elastic platforms such as Kubernetes, EC2, etc.
- Enjoys fixing/improving things and finding solutions to difficult problems
- Strong belief in automation and tooling as a critical part of the software lifecycle
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Swift experience a plus, but not required.
- Experience with image and other media formats a plus.
As an Engineer on the AMP Media Domain Platform team, you'll support the editorial media system for all of Apple's digital storefronts including apps, music, movies, and books on the App Store and iTunes Store. We handle the entire media life cycle, from media creation to international scheduling to developing custom media formats. As a member of our team, you will partner with multiple engineering teams, design teams, business operations, and production support. You will help develop the next generation of editorial media systems and work with our partner teams to help get our designers' visions into production. You will collaborate with and contribute to AMP’s core image services, helping to enable new image processing effects. Our team is geographically diverse. We’re looking for someone whose "people skills" complement their technical skills, someone who loves improving things as much as building things, and someone who is passionate about discovering new ways to accelerate the rate at which we can improve our products. If this sounds like you, join our team!
Education & Experience
BSCS or equivalent work experience