Senior Software Engineer - AMP Pricing Infrastructure
New York City, New York, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Excellent communication and followthrough
- Minimum of 5 years experience in professional programming
- BS Computer Science (Master's preferred)
- Experience building APIs
- Recent Scala/Java
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Knowledge of Cassandra
- Aptitude and curiosity to learn new technologies
- Ability to design, develop and deploy large scale applications
- Strong belief in automation and tooling as a critical part of the software lifecycle
- Ability to drive a project from idea to implementation
As an Engineer on the AMP Pricing team, you'll support pricing and availablility for all of Apple's digital content including apps, music, movies, and books on the App Store and iTunes Store. You will collaborate with multiple engineering teams, business operations, production support, site reliability engineering, and quality assurance, infrastructure teams. The responsibilities include hands on coding, design, requirements elicitation & refinment, technical documentation, production support, unit testing, quality, performance. As an Engineer on the AMP Agreements team, you'll support Apple's provider portal integration with our financial system, provider on boarding, contracts, tax and banking, and payment report integration for all of Apple's digital content including apps, music, movies, and books on the App Store and iTunes Store. You will collaborate with multiple engineering teams, business operations, production support, site reliability engineering, quality assurance, and infrastructure teams. The responsibilities include hands on coding, design, requirements elicitation & refinement, technical documentation, production support, unit testing, quality, performance. We are looking for a self starting, high-energy individual who is not afraid to question assumptions and who has excellent written and oral skills. We look for good teammates who are able to take on problems under tight deadline constraints and deliver imaginative solutions. You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve Apple's hardware performance and user experience. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Arcade, Apple TV+, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, Apple News, Apple Card and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
Education & Experience
BSCS or equivalent work experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.