Metadata Curation Lab Manager, TV & Movies - Austin
Austin, Texas, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Metadata is at the heart of Apple Media Products (AMP), powering key aspects of the customer experience including UI, search, and Siri. Metadata Operation is responsible for ensuring world-class quality and discoverability of AMP metadata. We’re looking for a self-motivated, resourceful project manager with a real passion for media metadata to take the TV App and Universal Search features to the next level. As part of the TV & movies metadata team, you will be responsible for building scalable processes, utilizing resources with maximum efficiency, and implementing technical and tactical solutions to boost our operational effectiveness. We're growing and urge you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most hardworking creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team.
- 5+ years of experience in the digital media or technology industry
- 3+ years experience supervising contractors and vendors, including but not limited to sourcing and training, as well as delegating assignments and ensuring its completion.
- Solid ability to operate autonomously without onsite management support
- A deep understanding of complex large-scale media content management systems and how metadata affects the user experience
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get your hands in the data
- Extraordinary attention to detail, impeccable follow-through, and ability to see how the details fit into the big picture
- Experience running multiple ongoing projects in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of quality and accuracy
- Comfortable with ambiguity, adaptable to rapidly changing requirements, decisive and willing to lead the hard calls
- Ability to strategize and innovate with consistent record for improving processes and building efficiencies
- Phenomenal interpersonal communication skills with the ability to facilitate productive discussions, build consensus within team and with cross-functional partners
- Ability to effectively and clearly scope projects, define and communicate action items and goals
- An uncanny ability to diagnose issues and persistence to see them through closure
- A real passion for TV, Movies and other video content
Acquire an expert-level understanding of our data pipeline, from ingestion, integration to consumption, as well as our data management tools. Collaborate with counterparts located in California and Europe to ensure efficiency and quality of work that is maintained across multiple sites. Proactively and frequently communicate operational status back to headquarters. Supervise a contingent workforce across multiple geographic locations. Field questions and reported issues, develop courses of action, establish and document standards and guidelines. Run concurrent projects, assign tasks to contractors and vendors to ensure timelines and deliverables are met. Develop efficiency and quality metrics and regularly report on status. Troubleshoot data issues and raise to internal teams as needed. Implement new operational processes as well as update existing processes to support upcoming features. Analyze our data catalog health and conduct quality assessment projects. Uncover areas for improvement and develop creative solutions. Identify and seek opportunities to enrich and drive metadata quality across various content types and platforms while considering long term impact. Look around corners, preparing for the future of metadata in Apple Media Products with the customer experience in mind. Work closely with Engineering teams to implement new tooling and enhancements. Recognize and act on opportunities for automation, propose solutions, obtain buy-ins and negotiate timelines.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience
- May be need to work, at times, outside of standard business hours
- May need to provide on-call support during off hours