Field Test and Feature Analysis Engineer - Computer Vision
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Video Computer Vision organization is a centralized applied research and engineering organization responsible for developing real-time on-device Computer Vision and Machine Perception technologies across Apple products. We balance research and product to deliver Apple quality, state-of-the-art experiences, innovating through the full stack, and partnering with HW, SW and ML teams to influence the sensor and silicon roadmap that brings our vision to life. Examples include FaceID, Animoji/Memoji, Scene Understanding, People Understanding and Positional Tracking (VIO/SLAM).
- You have at least 2 years of experience working, in the area of testing with camera systems and computer vision features
- You have an understanding of camera ISP pipeline, camera control algorithms
- You have strong Matlab programming and data analysis skills
- You are organized, fast thinking & can provide examples of work that demonstrates your ability to find and track issues
- You have extraordinary communication and relationship skills, including the ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- You have passion and enthusiasm to do and be the very best, and you are a driven leader who approaches things with a sense of urgency.
As part of computer vision testing team, you will work with and learn from world-class developers from Apple Computer Vision and Apple Camera engineering groups. You also need to be able to adapt fast pace, can follow development cycle and always deliver within short deadline. Write Matlab code for data analysis. Pick up computer vision technology in a short time. Ask right questions and help camera and computer vision developers track issues. Develop test plans with the goal of detailed system evaluation. Perform testing and failure analysis twice per week or more. Deliver reports that are suitable for executive level presentation.
Education & Experience
MS/PhD Degree in the area of computer science, computer vision, imaging science, optics, is helpful