Business Development Manager, Strategic Partnerships - Apple Card
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple Pay is looking for a Business Development Manager to help grow our first party products, Apple Card and Apple Cash. As our ideal candidate, you are dynamic, results-driven, and enjoy a high-change environment with a passion for developing partnerships and handling business affairs. The position involves participating in the end to end business development execution including identification and screening of strategic partners and negotiating and closing commercial agreements. As a successful candidate, you are an ambitious and driven individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You love process flows and asking “what if?” to find and problem solve before our customers do. You have a high level of integrity, energy, and sense of urgency to “make things happen”. You can balance the needs of multiple teams and maintain a strong sense of empathy for your partners. Candidates should have a proven track record of building and sustaining strong, successful relationships across financial services. Applicable experience developing and scaling new business programs internationally and a legal background or history of negotiating payment contracts is preferred. This is a full time position in Apple Pay and is located in our Cupertino, CA headquarters.
- Direct experience structuring partnerships with networks, issuers and FinTechs.
- 5-7+ years of professional experience in financial technology at either a network, issuer or FinTech.
- Bring to bear and develop collaborative and impactful relationships with diverse portfolio of ecosystem providers.
- Deep experience negotiating business and technical terms across multiple internal and external partners.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships inside and outside of Apple.
- Strong ability to influence without authority, sell concepts internally and actively drive streamlined decision making across stakeholders.
- Self-starter who works optimally in a fast paced environment and is comfortable managing ambiguity while delivering projects to completion with minimal mentorship.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze opportunities from many angles (both quantitative and qualitative), and drives appropriate performance tracking and analysis.
- Expertise building business cases around market opportunities and partnerships - including strategy development, market segmentation, competitive analysis, and financial analysis.
- Ambitious and collaborative teammate who feeds off of goal setting and achievement.
- Proficiency with Apple products and applications is preferred.
Engage at senior levels with networks, issuers or FinTechs. Guide executives internally and externally through partnership vision and tactical execution, including identification and screening of strategic partners and successful negotiation and close of commercial agreements for Apple Card features. Partner with cross-functional teams through all aspects of partner and business case development, product requirements, negotiation, and contracts. Work with Apple product and engineering teams to influence product roadmap and provide feedback from partner landscape. Provide regular communications to senior management on partnership strategy and results. Some travel required.
Education & Experience
B.A. /B.S. required, JD preferred