Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple's Camera Advanced Technology Group is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to assist with rapid prototyping and concept demonstration activities. The engineer will play an integral role in a small, agile team at Apple, requiring a self-driven engineer with great initiative. The individual will be responsible for design and development of opto-mechanical devices. This role offers an incredible opportunity to work with and learn from world-class experts in multiple disciplines, while working on exciting design applications.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3+ years of relevant experience in the design of miniature component or opto-mechanical modules.
- Experience with MEMS actuators and FAB fabrication process is a definite plus.
- Key Skills:
- 3D software expertise: Solidworks, or NX (at least 3 years)
- Basic structural and thermal Finite Element Analysis (ANSYS or Solidwork Simulation)
- Tolerance analysis
- Experience in CNC, 3D printing and assembly process of opto-mechanical devices.
- Solid understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals: properties of materials, solid mechanics, and thermodynamics
- PCB design experience a plus
- Experience with lab setups and prototyping.
We are looking to add a mechanical engineer to the team. Day to day job responsibilities include the design of high precision opto-mechanical devices with complex mechanical, electrical, and optical subsystems.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering. 3+ years industry experience desired.