People (HR) Business Partner - Apple Support
Austin, Texas, United States
Do you have a passion to help others succeed? Do you genuinely believe that talent is the greatest asset of any company? As a member of Apple’s People group, you’ll help discover and develop our most important resource: our people. Together, we’ll search the world to build our collective of hardworking visionaries, and inventors. All the while, your efforts will maintain Apple as the most innovative company by striving to make us the most diverse — open to all people, all backgrounds, and all perspectives. And that’s just the beginning, because throughout Apple employees’ careers, you will continue to help them grow professionally and support them in work and life. Join us and help build and keep the extraordinary talent it takes to make extraordinary products. We are looking for a People Business Partner / HR Business Partner for our Apple Support team. They are Apple’s premier Service and Support organization providing award-winning technical support and product service to our global customer base. This position is based on site in Austin, Texas.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a HR business partner, generalist and/or management role
- Experience supporting a contact center environment and/or large, non-exempt employee populations
- Able to work in a heavily matrixed environment with global teams
- Highly collaborative and flexible style
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy to resolve sensitive issues
- Ability to design and execute programs that meet the clients' needs
- Coaching, influencing, problem solving, and facilitation skills are essential
- Ability to coach, mentor and advise where appropriate to help managers and employees grow and develop in alignment with business and personal goals
- Proven ability to influence various levels of leadership without direct authority
- Experience using and crafting Excel spreadsheets with the ability to interpret and provide significant insights and recommendations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to navigate and thrive in a face paced and vibrant environment
In this role you will partner closely with the global People team and business partners to deliver the full spectrum of strategic and tactical People services and programs to Apple’s support organization. You’ll provide direct support to Americas contact center leaders to frame the People agenda supporting the strategic objectives, driving key initiatives across site and home-based teams. Providing relevant data and recommendations to guide decision-making related to compensation, organizational structures, retention, promotions and other activities, are key aspects of this role. Organizational development: Understands the needs of the organization in terms of achieving maximum organizational performance and efficiencies. Balances the needs of the business, employee and customer. Guides and influences senior management on key organizational and management changes. Talent & performance management: Provides advice and counsel to managers and employees on all performance related issues, including high potential and key talent decisions, succession planning, bonus management, performance improvement, and terminations. Coaches leaders to enhance performance/effectiveness. Recruiting: Act as liaison between site Recruiting functions and line organizations. Ensures high-volume hiring is on track to meet goals. Participates in interview process for management and key hires. Oversees the temporary worker process to maintain compliance with co-employment requirements. Employee relations: Working with ER partners, ensures appropriate staffing levels and delivery of ER services to managers and employees. Identifies and implements pro-active ER programs to drive improved morale and organizational performance. Manages escalated issues and dispute resolution processes. Compensation & benefits: Execute Corporate compensation and benefits programs (compensation planning, salary surveys performance review process, etc.). Partners with management and benefits to assist with the management of leaves, disabilities, and Worker’s Compensation. Special projects: Contributes to special and cross-functional projects as needed. Incorporate customer satisfaction in all project activities, with the goal of providing an extraordinary experience. Learning and development: Understands the training/development needs and acts as liaison with Apple University to provide appropriate development opportunities to the organization. People metrics: Track and report staffing, retention, attrition, and other necessary data to line management; recommend programs and/or enhancements as necessary.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree preferred.