Employee Relations Business Partner
Austin, Texas, United States
Do you have a passion to help others succeed? Do you genuinely believe that talent is the greatest asset of any company? As a member of Apple’s People group, you’ll help discover and develop our most important resource: our people. Together, we’ll search the world to build our collective of talented perfectionists, visionaries, and inventors. All the while, your efforts will maintain Apple as the most innovative company by striving to make us the most diverse — open to all people, all backgrounds, and all perspectives. And that’s just the beginning, because throughout Apple employees’ careers, you will continue to help professional growth and support them in work and life. Join the People team and help build and keep the extraordinary talent it takes to make extraordinary products. Employee Relations (ER) is a global team that partners with management and Business HR by providing specialized consultation on employee matters, performance management, policy interpretation, investigations and supports compliance. This role helps to improve ER efficiencies with metric-driven continuous improvement, and ensures that legal requirements are met to minimize exposure to liability. This position can be based onsite in Austin TX, or Sacramento CA.
- A top-tier, experienced professional with a comprehensive understanding of employee relations
- Demonstrable ability to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways
- 5+ years related experience or Line HR manager experience with proven investigation experience
- Effectively organize, prioritize, and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Able to use command skills, with an ability to influence others
- Ability to build strong partnerships and work closely with line managers, senior leaders and HR colleagues
- Superb communication skills including effective listening, writing and presentation
- Ability to express thoughts in a clear and concise manner
- Consistently exhibits high levels of discretion, integrity and confidentiality
Provide guidance to managers and employees on a myriad of issues including: - Policy interpretation - Policy violations - Performance management - Leaves of absence - Reasonable accommodations - Conduct investigations into employee concerns - Conducts decision reviews - Keep ER metrics weekly and review on a quarterly basis to assess where action can be taken to simplify a process, train managers, etc. in order to support a growing client base - Support internal projects/initiatives as needed
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree with 8+ years relevant work experience, or equivalent work experience.