App Developer, Watch Frameworks
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you want to help shape the software development story for Apple Watch? Come join the team that works on SwiftUI for watchOS, WatchKit, and other building blocks that developers use to build apps for Apple Watch! As an app developer on the Watch Frameworks team, you’ll apply your experience building iOS or watchOS apps to expanding watchOS as a platform, bringing strong coding skills, empathy for developers and their customers, and a keen interest in software development practice to a highly skilled and motivated team.
- Strong Swift or Objective-C skills
- Experience with iOS development tools (Xcode, Instruments)
- Familiarity with common iOS frameworks
- Experience debugging software issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, well-organized, and adaptable
- Adventurous, can-do attitude
As an app developer on the Watch Frameworks team, you will work side-by-side with frameworks engineers to identify APIs that should be exposed on watchOS, explore usage expectations, and design and build applications that exercise those APIs. You will partner with QA engineers to flesh out test cases and respond to app feature requests that facilitate end-user experience testing. You’ll file bugs for any API, tooling, or OS issues you find during the app development process, give feedback about usability and documentation, and directly impact the development of watchOS, Xcode, and other software and hardware. You'll reproduce, debug, and prioritize issues reported by internal and external developers and help find fixes we can deliver in OS or SDK updates. You’ll join a development team that cares deeply about unlocking creative possibilities for developers while preserving a consistent and reliable end-user experience, and that works with experts across Apple to build the right thing, even when it's difficult. WWDC is our Super Bowl, Developer Evangelists are our friends, and we believe Apple Watch as a platform is just getting started. We'd love to have your energy and unique perspective on our team!
Education & Experience
Coursework in Computer Science/Engineering is desirable, but a specific degree or concentration is not required.
- * Experience building a variety of iOS or watchOS apps from scratch (agency/dev shop experience would be helpful)
- * Familiarity with design tools
- * Experience with source control (git experience preferred)