AppleCare iPhone Supply Planner
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Support and Service
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. AppleCare is looking for a highly analytical, motivated, ambitious individual with strong background in Service/Repair supply chain. This person will lead the supply, planning, and overall performance of one or more iPhone product line for AppleCare. He/she will act as a focal point in communication and will execute product demand and supply plans to meet AppleCare’s overall goals. A successful candidate will require strong analytical skills, a collaborative and proactive attitude, the ability to think broadly, and communication skills to work effectively with managers and planners. This position requires strong knowledge and experience in forecasting, demand planning, inventory optimization, and cross-functional collaboration to achieve outstanding customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for AppleCare iPhone Supply planning for WW and AMR region for one or more iPhone programs
- Responsible for key performance metrics such as backlog, fill rate, inventory turn, and vendor forecast accuracy
- Analyze forecasted demand, inventory, develop weekly supply plans that meet customer demands. Results should meet AppleCare’s target of fill rate, while minimizing total inventory cost
- Execute weekly plans optimally to minimize future gaps and maximize inventory turns
- Analyze and set system parameters to optimize inventory and meet service level goals and minimize costs
- Maintain and update ERP master data for planning parts at various plants. Also responsible to initiate Engineering Change requests based on material life cycle
- Run What if Simulations to optimize material/capacity constraints while minimizing impact to customer satisfaction
- Analyze and resolve product backlogs, fill rates on a daily basis. Identify problem areas, and drive appropriate functional groups to correct.
- Work closely with cross functional teams such as finished goods planning and factory operations teams to ensure sufficient capacities and materials to meet supply requirements
- Coordinate weekly conference calls with Europe and Asia-Pacific teams to sync on supply-demand matching regionally and globally
- Publish weekly factory forecast, ensure deltas and gaps are clearly communicated and bridged
- Find opportunities for system improvement and work with key business partners and IT to implement continuous system improvements
- Oversee key cross functional projects, communicate project timelines and impacts to the team, be the liaison between supply planning team, other cross functional teams and IT project managers
- Less than 10% travel expected
Strong analytical skills combined with an eye for business to make operational decisions on the fly. Effective collaboration and communication approach to influence peers and executive management. Excellent knowledge and demonstrated expertise in supply chain management concepts: forecasting, demand planning, inventory optimization. Experience with ERP planning solutions such as SAP, Oracle, etc.
Education & Experience
APICS certification preferred Minimum Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in business, supply chain management, mathematics, engineering, or logistics MS/MBA a plus Minimum 3 years of forecasting, planning, purchasing, inventory or related experience Proven track record in delivering on critical metrics, while leading projects and initiatives Experience in electronic product service supply chain a strong plus
- Key candidate characteristics: Ability to think strategically and execute tactically, persistent attention to detail, and high level of comfort in working with numbers.