Senior CoreMedia Software Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
The Interactive Media Group (IMG) provides the media and graphics foundation across all of Apple's innovative products. IMG takes the media experience to the next level on the iOS, tvOS, watchOS, macOS and Windows platforms with technologies such as AVFoundation, CoreMedia, CoreAudio and VideoToolbox. The CoreMedia engineering team within IMG is responsible for implementing software services around linear audiovisual media. This includes local media playback, video-on-demand and live streaming of multimedia content. Our media engine is used across Apple products such as Safari, TV, Photos, Music, Videos, iMovie on iOS and macOS as well as 3rd party applications. Our team is looking for a self-motivated software engineer with a strong technical and programming background. We are looking for a candidate who has extensive experience in architecture, design, development and debugging of large software systems and significant components of such systems, along with experience in media playback with a focus in Audio.
- 5+ years experience as a system and/or lead architect
- Exceptional coding skills in C with ARM on embedded platforms
- 5+ years experience developing and debugging large software systems
- Proven experience with Audio/Video components of a media software system, with a focus on Audio
- Experience with and understanding of real-time multithreaded programming systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The successful candidate for this role is a team-oriented professional with excellent communication skills and is comfortable in a fast-paced environment. The candidate needs to be self-driven to be effective in an environment with little overhead. The ideal candidate has experience in systems-level architecture, design and programming with an in depth understanding of media components, especially Audio. The role requires the ability to architect, design, build and troubleshoot media services for playback and export, while providing leadership and guidance to other team members.
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. in EE/CS or equivalent domain experience with a strong focus in software engineering
- Ability to mentor and develop other developers