Program Manager, Apple Music
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Apple Media Products (AMP) team is an exciting environment and a fast-paced development organization. With customers in 155 countries, we are a thriving marketplace for music, movies, TV shows, books - and, of course, apps. We’re passionate about music and want to talk if you are too. Program Managers within AMP are responsible for shipping new features. We're looking for people with proven track records of shipping complex, customer-facing products under demanding timelines. Bonus points for new product introductions. This is a hands-on position where the Program Manager will be involved in requirements analysis, functional and technical design discussions, testing, proof-of-concept, working with partners, and more. This is not a task-based job; you will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery. Strong fundamentals are a must, but you have more. You take responsibility; you feel a personal stake in the product you ship; you communicate responsibilities and scope clearly; you value integrity; you manage conflict; you know how things work; you work for the success of the entire PM team; you thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it; you have deep wisdom and judgement; you keep your eye on the ball; you build strong relationships; you are aware of politics but do not get mired in them; you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team; you're prescient; and you ship code which millions of customers will use.
- 5+ years of program or technical product management in software development.
- A clear track record of making a difference in the projects you drive.
- Naturally accountable and responsible.
- Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient.
- Extraordinary communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization.
- Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, design meetings, progress and status meetings).
- Strong technical proficiency. Bonus points for past programming experience.
- Passion for working on Music related products
Drive and ship cross-functional projects related to Apple Music. Oversee all aspects of multiple concurrent features including scope, requirements, timelines, and resource allocation. Define business, functional, and reporting requirements (often writing them yourself). Take a role in improving how features are built and executed on the AMP team. Own overall cross-functional schedules, including Apple Music feature development, other Apple groups (client teams, device teams, other business teams), and backend reporting systems. Collaborate with IS&T, Legal, Finance, operations and other organizations both inside and outside of Apple to develop solutions for partnerships, promotions and other new business.
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent experience