System Engineering Program Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s Engineering Program Management Team is looking for a resourceful, energetic Engineering Project Specialist (EPS) to handle program logistics, materials, allocations, finances, and security. Have an understanding of complex Bills of Materials and documentation experience. System EPS (Engineering Project Specialist) must be able to prioritize issues and track the details, be a strong organizer, be a self-motived driver, ready to work with the Engineering Project Management and engineering cross-functional teams to handle the risks associated with each engineering program build.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a large cross-functional team
- Combination of organizational and detail-oriented skills when working on multiple projects
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Ability to react to re-sets and changes in a time sensitive and fast pace environment
- Experience working with overseas vendors
- Ability to influence, effectively communicate and drive deadlines with vendors (either CM or part vendors)
- Off-hour support required via email and phone
- Understand configuration management and BOM structuring (preferably for hardware products)
- Experience with PLM tools, Agile experience is preferred but not required)
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Some travel required
Take care of allocations, materials schedules, deliverables, and logistics shipment notifications. Manage Apple Security product requirements Support financial budgeting and tracking processes Create Purchase Requisitions and maintain Purchase Order invoice reconciliations, including Goods Receipts Create part numbers, read, and interpret complex BOM’s (Bill of Materials) Create, process Engineering Change Orders, Manufacturer Change Orders, and Deviations Work on multiple projects concurrently with a phenomenal attention to detail.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree or 3+ years of industry experience Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.